While Ovation natively offers a powerful spatial audio rendering engine, Ovation is now able to seamlessly connect to Flux Spat Revolution (audio + custom mapped OSC metadata by Merging and Flux) or a Dolby Atmos® Renderer (audio + Dolby Atmos metadata). Spatial audio engines typically work by sending separate elements to a processor (the renderer) that will “render” all elements into a custom speaker set. This has the benefit of giving full freedom to the show designer to work with any mixture of:
- Objects (Audio + Metadata)
- Bus based audio (stereo, 5.1, 7.1, 22.2, etc…)
- Scene based audio (Ambisonic, for example)
OSC stands for Open Sound Control and is literally this! This protocol brings the advantage of being simple to read and customize. It doesn’t limit control of a certain set of parameters. Therefore, more and more manufacturers are adopting this standard to allow their devices to be controlled by others or to control other devices. As the ultimate show sequencer, Ovation 9 is capable of generating and receiving OSC commands from anywhere.
The Dolby Atmos integration is also on Pyramix (supplied with Ovation) for the production of immersive music but it is available to Ovation users should they wish to create a live show in this format. This allows for:
- Direct connection with HE-RMU to transfer audio and metadata with the Dolby Atmos Mastering Suite.
- Fully compatible with the Dolby Atmos Production Suite renderer
- Extremely flexible mixing options. Bed and Objects can be optimized in Pyramix to manage different speaker set configurations
In a move to make the software packs simpler to understand and more cost effective, Ovation is available in three distinct software packs which can run in native mode or on our MERGING+MASSCORE audio engine. Aimed at a variety of different applications and budgets, explore below to find out which Ovation pack is right for your next project.
To put it simply, Ovation ELEMENTS is so cheap and so useful that every live console should come with it!
Perfect for use in small theatres and simple corporate AV events, Ovation ELEMENTS packs everything you need to fire audio cues!
- Instant and user-friendly audio cues playback
- Live Cue recording
- On the fly editing
- Support for multichannel busses (5.1, 7.1, 22.2, etc…), Ambisonic and objects audio
- Merging Technologies spatial audio renderer
- MIDI send/receive
- Ovation redundancy
Packaged for applications where show control, automation and integration with other devices is necessary, Ovation Pro delivers all the necessary tools necessary to run the show, whether being controlled by external devices or running the show itself or a mix of both.
It is the ideal tool for professional show designers and broadcasters.
- All the Ovation Elements pack options
- Mixer Automation
- OSC send/receive
- OSC Automation
- Support for all other control protocols (LTC, MTC, TCP/IP, COM, RS-422, MSC, Script/Batch files)
- Support for HUI Controllers
- Webserver with beautiful customizable GUI allowing Ovation to be controlled from any tablet/smartphone/laptop
The ultimate Ovation pack, Ovation PREMIUM features our whole knowledge and experience in delivering astonishing performances. Run it on our MERGING+MASSCORE audio engine and enjoy the most powerful, reliable and compact solution on the market.
Supporting the boom of immersive shows and the adoption of new spatial rendering engines, Ovation PREMIUM allows to on the fly record, edit and playback audio cues through a Flux SPAT or Dolby Atmos renderer.
Does your show include video projections? No problem, Ovation synchronizes seamlessly with Dataton WATCHOUT and Ross Video. Control your mixer like a pro with Eucon or Ovation surfaces.
- All the ELEMENTS and PRO packs options
- Dolby Atmos® and Flux
- Support of Eucon and OASIS controllers
- Dataton WATCHOUT and Ross Video integration
- Multi sequencer synchronization
- Track count up to 384 I/O (with MERGING+MASSCORE engine only)
- Designed for extended audio interactivity requirements in AV systems design. For use when a standard mixing console would be otherwise considered necessary for the system design. Cruise ships, theme parks, large theatre environments, broadcast.
Add the MassCore Hardware option to any software version and get ultra-low latency, maximum track count (64 I/O DSD/DXD) and massive performance from VS3 plugins from leading vendors like Cedar and Flux.
Free is a word that grabs attention so Ovation or Pyramix for free sounds very tempting. There is a string attached; you need to have purchased a Merging Hardware product after September 1st 2020 and registered it on the website. You then get the choice of Pyramix or Ovation Elements in a full version and fully capable of DSD and DXD recording. For those not buying even an Anubis, you can still purchase either program for a nominal amount and experience the best of high-resolution audio.
NEW SECURITY REGIME
Something that will affect all releases is a new security system. With laptops being stripped of USB ports and software deployment requiring lightning speed, Merging has implemented a new security system allowing customers to authorise their software without any hardware dongle. This system works online and offline and should you still prefer to use hardware dongles, the choice is there. This also means that it will now be easier than ever to download a trial of Pyramix.
MULTI-THREADING FOR NATIVE
The next major improvement also applies to all new software. For a long time, clients looking for maximum performances required MassCore. Pyramix and Ovation are now based on a multi-threading architecture, so Native users will benefit from a huge performance improvement. The audio engine analyses the session in real time and calculates the optimal number of threads to be used. For the power user, MassCore remains the go to option for maximum I/O, lowest latencies and tons of power for VS3 processing.
Summing up the advances made with Ovation 9, Dominique Brulhart, Merging’s software supremo commented; “Ovation has been top of the multichannel and immersive tree for some time and we felt this a good moment to make it more accessible for people to give it a try. A truly painless entry level, put it is reach of any small theatre or venue. Even though live events have been the hardest hit by the pandemic, it has been great to see that some customers are gearing up for more normal times.